We believe parents play a crucial role in their child’s education. All Parents are automatically members of our School Council and are encouraged to become involved. There are opportunities to discuss student achievement, and how we can improve the learning experience for all our students with either our School Council or the Friends of Vimy Ridge Academy Society at our regular meetings.
The following are the new School Council representatives (2022-2023) for Vimy Ridge Academy:
- President - Cheryl Pilipchuk
- Vice President - Sheryll Darago
- Treasurer - Frank Doruiter
- Secretary - Jillian Borynec
- Casino Chair - Sarat Maharaj
- Fundraising Director - Dina Nehring
- Social Media Director - Heather Schmidt
- Member at Large -Sheri Arnold
- Member at Large - Cheryl Dezan
- Member at Large - Celina Faria
- Member at Large - Amanda Fredrickson
- Member at Large - Amy Goudie
- Member at Large - Amber Keller
- Member at Large - Ruth Mullins
- Member at Large - Stephanie Pasutto
- Member at Large - Harry Tsaprailis
- Member at Large - Philana Watson
All meetings are hybrid with both online Google Meets and in-person attendance options.
Links to join are on the SchoolZone Google Calendar, and meetings begin at 6:30 PM at the school in the main office conference room.
School Council Meeting Dates for 2023-2024:
Friends of Vimy Ridge
Friends of Vimy Ridge Academy Society (FVRAS) is the associated entity to School Council that works within our school to raise funds for school projects.
All parents/guardians of Vimy Ridge Academy students are encouraged to become members of FVRAS and attend meetings where we discuss opportunities to enhance the school environment for our children.