Vimy Ringette is offered to grade 7-12 student-athletes, and programming is administered and delivered by Academic and Athletic Development (AAD) and supported by Edmonton Public School as a part of their Sports-Alternative Program. For more information, please visit the Vimy Ringette website.
We are excited about the possibilities of what this program can offer to ringette student-athletes and believe that our unique learning environment would allow our student-athletes to:
• Achieve high standards of academic excellence
• Enhance their overall fitness level by exposing student-athletes to sport-specific training both on the ice and in our dryland fitness facilities
• Improve their time management and organizational skills
• Technically explore and supplement the following aspects of ringette
- Fine-tuning of individual skill development
- Power skating sessions
- Mental Training/Awareness
- Drill Design / Gameplay
- Key concepts in the game of Ringette
• Develop in a “team coaching” environment where players benefit from the knowledge of several coaches working to develop each player as a whole person/athlete
Applications can be accepted starting February 2, 2021.
DIGITAL - If you choose to fill out the package digitally, first save it to your computer, then fill out the forms.
HARD COPY - If you choose to print the package, please print SINGLE SIDED as parts of the application are uploaded to different files.
After filling out the appropriate registration package, you need to fill out the secure Google Form. As you fill out this Google Form, follow the prompts to submit all the required documents.
Select the appropriate grade level package:
Grade 7 Registration Package
Grade 8 Registration Package
Grade 9 Registration Package
High School Registration Package
The Junior High Honours document is optional. If you are interested in applying for this academic stream and meet the criteria, please complete the Junior High Honours document below and attach it in the spot provided on the Google Form.
Junior High Honours Application
As Vimy Ringette is offered through our partners at AAD, please also complete the following AAD Registration Documents that are specific to AAD programs and submit along with the appropriate grade level package when you follow the process found in the secure Google Form.
AAD Registration Documents
In addition to completing the grade level package and AAD forms, student-athletes who are applying to Vimy Ringette must also register online with AAD. This is where you will provide information for program payment.
AAD Online Registration